Scrapheap Challenge using a lister Engine

hiya, lads i dunno if im the only sad guy here who watchs it, but this week to power a oar rowing boat, a team used a Lister LD diseal engine.

PS dont hold me to it, it looked like an LD engine,

anyone else watch it?

thanks, Martyn

Reply to
Martyn Butler

No, you're not the only one! I sat there thinking that using a single rod to couple two rotating shafts can't work - and sure enough it didn't! Shame though, because that single cyl diesel certainly sounded better than the Morris 1000 engine.

Reply to
Nick H

HI MARTIN,

I SAW IT AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT I THINK IT IT WAS A LISTER LD

LISTERD01

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
No Name

Shush!

Reply to
blackhole_for_spam

What the anonymous blackhole means is that using all caps is regarded as SHOUTING and is as hard to read as all lower case. Normal written English, and spelling, with appropriate capitalisation is preferred. If in doubt use the spell ckeck like wot Martyn dosent :-) regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

You're a bit faint, Roland, speak up! :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom