Secure Pictures

I know, as I said I'd found it!

I don't have any photo editing software, my guess its that the mib on the block and flywheel is easy by cloning another piece of block or flywheel and replacing (after rotating the rim). The tea chest looks easy too.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Yes it can be modified but it takes time to do. I extracted it and have removed your initials from the hopper box.

It's just a time thing and depends on how much someone wants this photo.

Offset against this is how much putting watermarks / initials on will detract from the subject

The hardest to remove is the top one where it crosses the pipe and the one on the flywheel as there is more radiant change in these places. Offset against that is the fact they obscure the most. The initials on the cylinder is very easy to erase.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

now i haven't used any programs to do that just word, and used transparent word art. :)

but it worked:)

Im sure that way will keep amatures away from them though, im not bothered if people do use my photos as i use other peoples. I'd sooner someone saw what they was after then only text.

But just for fun ill look into watermarking photo's, i have visual basics.

But i must say, im gob smacked to think that much is possible how long did it take is the real question?

Reply to
Martyn Butler

Didn't seem to worry PSP.. Of course it wqould be easier to steal it off the server..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Nope, I got the message "You Can Have Anything Here You Like" on the first right click so I turned off javascript and right clicked > save image as... Aspect ratio correct unlike the one shown on the page.

Nope. Capture either the window or window interior.

Page printed fine, all be it with two blank pages afterwards. Saved image also printed fine, but with correct aspect ratio. B-)

You'll just have to belive me that I copy 'n pasted the below:

This is a TEST page to show

what can be done to protect images!

Please Try ANY method you can think of to copy this image

Oh and javascript is back on BTW.

I did have look but couldn't be bothered...

Whats the point? There are so many ways to "steal" an image that unless you go for one of the professional (and expensive) commercial water marking systems once on the web it's "out there". Even with a commercial system you still have to go through the courts to get anywhere if the thief won't respect your copyright. The web is world wide, courts are generally country specific...

Hot linking is is worse, but then you can have a bit of fun by changing the image that has been hotlinked...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice