Temptation ...

is no fun at all if you don't give in from time to time. Some utter swine gave me a book catalogue over Christmas that lists books on

Engineering Technical Steam I.C. & Aero Engines Hot Air Engines Horology Trains & Boats & Planes Mining Alternative Technology Modelling Electricity & Wireless And much, much more!

Prepare to spend your money!!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn. Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Electronic engineers build radar, Civil Engineers build targets.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Camden are great. I usually buy Christmas presents for my Father from them. Whilst I'm going to the trouble of placing an order I have to add a few items to make it worthwhile - obviously. Last year my order was five times the value of my fathers Xmas prezzie, inflated by items to keep me entertained when the family are insistent that the workshops are out of bounds!

Mark

Mark_Howard

I also find the catalogue a great read by itself

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I have bought most of their stirling engine section over the years - and one I now regret not getting is Hargreave's 'The Phillips Stirling Engine" - £80 or so seemed too much at the time, but I'd now be pretty pleased to find a copy for that.

BTW I can thoroughly recommend the 'Echoes From The Oil Country' series as a good read.

Reply to
Nick H

Kim,

Are you familiar with Lindsay's Technical Books?

Loads of facinating reprints and a catalog and website that are fun reading on their own. But be warned, here too, you WILL spend money!

8-))

Kim Siddorn wrote:

See ya, Arnie

Arnie Fero Pittsburgh, PA USA fero snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com

Reply to
hit_n_miss

I rarely read books but always enjoy a scoot around this site.

a look at the workshop tour. One day.........

Reply to
John

Got a DVD from USA the other day, on aircraft repair using aluminuim forming methods, and it included 1000+ pages of US Army tech manuals on everything from machine tools to aero engine repair and maintainance...............not bad for =A312!

Ken