The Weather

Typical, I have to work on the Bedford today, stop a water leak from a pump gasket, so what does it do "Persist" it down. I've erected a shelter with an engine cover and bunjee's but I now find that if the water can't totally run off it leaks through, its just not fair, I bet you lot are sunning yourselves at the moment. :-((

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Yep, while I replace the complete drive train on two of my bikes :-)

Must drag out the Lister D that I collected from you and give it an airing while I'm at it.

Vernon in Sunny Leeds

Reply to
vernon levy

Nope! Raining here as well! Waiting for it to stop so I can go and empty the freshly dug foundation for an engine shed which has become an impromtu fishpond!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Martin moaned....

Beautiful here in Wales, Martin, I had to shed my coat and boiler suit for walking round the in-lamb ewes. I've got my teeshirt on typing this.

On the other hand we probably have twice the annual rainfall you get, and it always seems to be raining when I'm working outdoors!

Now get your brolly and get back out there ;-)

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Overcast but not yet raining here so applying paint to various things and sorting out lifting gear in-between, whilst nursing a very sore leg. Typically April the weather is annoyingly in between. I'd like either dry for getting on with projects or a good downpour so I can go fishing :-) ttfn Roland

walking round the in-lamb ewes. I've got my

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

We went over to the Rushden Cavalcade this morning, met up with Mad Mick and one of his friends, but the ground was quagmire-ish and was raining as we arrived.

A lot of stalls hadn't turned up, and it looked pretty grim for those that had braved the weather to arrive as planned. We paid our admission to get in but felt like asking for our money back on the way out!

If it rains any more today they may have to cancel it as the ground is just too boggy to move around on. We parked in the layby on the B645, although the car park was quite hard, it just hadn't been churned up by the arriving fairground and other heavy gear.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

but the ground was quagmire-ish and was

There's a novelty, I always wonder why I dont go then up pops Peter with his tale and then I remember. Arthur I have been out all day now but must have got a chill or my diabetes meter is giving me false readings because I have just come in for my sixth major pee of the day and as the computer is up here as well I have a quick look to see who is about. Found leaking gasket so got out old cereal packet and some sealer and cured that but now have to paint radiator body and cowl before refitting to Bedford. Oh and the windscreen water bottle holder has just unwelded itself, as they say start one job find another. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hello Vernon, still about then ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I was away getting very soggy indeed in deepest Norfolk, but had to pick up a new toy in rural Cambridgeshire on the way back to Bristol. Therefore, I once again passed Martin's stamping ground (and did think of you) as the airship sheds at Cardington hove into view. However, I'd expected to be travelling M11 & M25 and did not know in advance that my new passenger was an extremely competent navigator, so didn't have address or phone number.

The weather had cleared by now and as the A11 was absolutely choker, we beat to windward into the westering sun, finally joining the M4 at Swindon.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn