Rallying

Gentlemen,

Martins happy, his baby Bedford passed its MOT this morning, now all I have to do is stop the water pump gasket from leaking and replace another half shaft seal which has only done 1300 miles and I will be tickled pink. Regarding Nicks Ha Ha posting, to get the pump off I have to remove the radiator, to get the radiator off I have to remove the fan, to get the fan off I have to remove the cowl, to get the cowl off I have to remove radiator, to get the radiator off I have to remove the.......................get my drift I think my Bedford come close to the top of the list :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

you sure he's starting from the correct end? sammm

Reply to
sammmm

Not sure I am with you ?

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Sounds like a CF 2 with a "vicious" fan coupling!!! Regards Dave C.

Reply to
David Carter

Circles don't have ends.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Congratulations on the MOT. Many years ago we had a Vauxhall Ventora that had a habit of eating half shaft oil seals. A friendly mechanic gave us the answer. Before you replace the seal, remove the spring and shorten it about 3mm. That gives it a little more tension and helps the seal action. It worked on our car anyway.

John

Reply to
John Manders