Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ruston H PB 6hp for sale
I went to look at a Ruston Hornsby last night. I just had to be sure that it wasn't an IP or a close relation. But it wasn't. It was a 1940 PB 6hp, the biggest of the PB range that I've seen. (It's...
1
1

Re: For Sale - Fairbanks Morse Z 6hp
Will 50p do and an old rusty lister D :-)) Martin P Dan Howden wrote: -- please replace email with May the force be with you, because if she isn't you're on a hiding to nothing.

Wolseley WD8 Spark Plug
Does anyone know the original plug used please and the modern equivalent? I'm using a NGK B6HS which sees to work ok Thanks, Ian.
1
1

Re: Briggs & Stratton racing
in this situation, after the jb weld, you might lay a coat or two of epoxy with glass cloth over the bits. this keeps all the pieces held in place if/when the jb weld comes a bit loose as well as a...

New Toy - Edwards 2cyl engine pics/info
Heres one for you lovers of odd engines. My latest addition, an Edwards Motor Company 1.5 / 6hp 2 cycle 2 cyl. engine. Not pretty but very unusual. Built I believe around 1920. It runs on one cyl. on...
7
7

Re: Chinese perkins
Sadly not yet - too busy earning a crust, rallying, and preparing to move house at the moment. Will let you know when I find anything. Regards Dan

Argosy pumps
As a result of having recently bought an 'Argosy', I have done some research and have obtained some interesting historical information and some electronic documentation. In case it's of use to anyone...
2
2

Big Engine
During the chemical v digital picture thread, someone asked about a big engine on a low loader. It may be the one I have seen at Knowl Hill a couple of times. I will keep an eye out for it this year....

copy of letter (email) to SEM Editor
Dear Gordon, I don't know about you but I am beginning to find the combination of digital camera and computer invaluable for putting together articles and letters quickly while the subject matter is...
5
5

Freeing piston rings
I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, so apologies if I have forgotten previously published solutions. Last weekend I managed to remove the piston that has been long seized into the cylinder...
8
8

Re: Chemical Vs Digital pictures
In message , Pete Aldous writes You can now get them printed as normal chemical prints using the digital service in photo printshops - the digital image is projected onto the paper by LEDs and wet...

Re: Petter M on ebay
They must be breeding. Looks nicely done but ID plate held on by crosshead screws - yuk! All in I think I'd go for the "original condition" one ('cept I've got one already). Rather high starting bids...
2
2

Re: 3/16 key steel needed
(that's me). I stock 3/16 key steel and marking blue. Drop me an e-mail if you need some - about £1.00 a foot and £3.50 a tin. http://www.justtheticket.tv