Ruston H PB 6hp for sale

I went to look at a Ruston Hornsby last night. I just had to be sure that it wasn't an IP or a close relation. But it wasn't.

It was a 1940 PB 6hp, the biggest of the PB range that I've seen. (It's the one with the angled magneto mounting and an enclosed crankcase). They must be pretty uncommon in this horsepower and it is complete, restored to Class

2 condition, on a trolley and runs fine. It's got one of those curious right angle pipe fittings to distance the spark plug from the cylinder.

It's a bit of a lump, all the more so for having an enclosed crankcase. I suspect that it hasn't seen a lot of service, but that was only an impression.

Anyone got an idea as to value? I'm not desperately keen, but it is unusual ............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Bacon is a friend in the salad bowl of life

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Dave, The very one. What a team we make!

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin