1:76 LNER A4 models

Under those circumstances you _really_ need flat turnouts. Try not to sit on them in the car on the way home! ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

It's quite practical to trim turnouts considerably so that tracks can be closer. I have tracks at about 45mm spacing in my straight fiddle yard. Don't trim closer than two rigid sleepers to the points end (one past the spring pivot on Peco turnouts) I use a Dremel to cut fishplates to half length so that the sleeper rail fixings can remain in place. The shorter curve allows marginal locos to get through ie like a large radius turnout.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Now thats a good idea !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Well, if you will buy them in bulk at Poundstretchers, what do you expect?

Reply to
MartinS

I have one of those - an outside hose tap. The screw holding the washer is seized, and the new type is a different design so I have to buy a whole new tap instead of just a washer, then find the propane torch and solder.

Reply to
MartinS

I have six fiddle tracks at 48mm spacing (the width of a cork ballast strip) achieved through a combination of first and second radius curved points, to maximise the length of the straight storage tracks within the main oval on my 6' x 8' baseboard.

Reply to
MartinS