A newbie asks......

When did you last try pushing a length of cotton up a tube?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Parkes

ModeloilsUK is a registered trade name. I can't believe authority would accept the lack of UK as a sufficient excuse. I get the feeling they are either a bit naive or a bit dodgy.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

You really don't understand, if the outer tube is of the correct inside diameter then the cotton (or what ever) will not bend in the tube, the problem is were the cotton is no in the tube.

If you use a pair of tweezers, say, to insert the cotton (because you are only going to be able to feed *extremely* short lengths, probably a millimetre or so at a time) into the tube the cotton already in the tube will follow through as it can't now bend and thus any force applied to it will be converted into forward motion. Also think of what you are actually doing when you thread a needle....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

tube, the

applied to it

thereby

babble if

Try threading a needle, if you dare....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I'm afraid it's you who doesn't understand Jerry. You've locked yourself into denying the property of stifness in a body and thereby limited the method to close fitting pairs. Dip the cotton in shellac and try again, and then deny stiffness as mindless ignorant babble if you dare :))

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes