Aerial Views

This site appears to cover more of the uk than google earth. I could not see the Great Central at Loughborough on google earth but
can on here, plus lots more railway locations. http://local.live.com/

Very nice. The aerial views are up-to-date, so I can see my model railway, which is more than can be said for the usual sites (streetmap.co.uk and multimap.co.uk), which have horribly out-of-date maps and aerial pictures.
--
Jane
OO and DCC in the garden
Jane Sullivan wrote:

The aerial views in my part of the world (Basingstoke) show the fields where I now live... shame the houses were built 10 years ago. Google Earth does a lot better in my case - it shows my car in the driveway, so those were taken within the past 2 years.

I agree, very interesting... Can't see my car though, seems it's in shadow...
Ian J.
Bit OT but on Google Earth go to
41 9'34.17"N 10050'39.74"W
North Platte rail yard - supposedly the world's largest
writes

I looked at that - I couldn't see anything at all, and zooming in doesn't show any detail.
The aerial view of my locality shows a building site opposite my house, and it only shows half of my garden layout, which means the picture is at least two years old (I suppose I could work out the exact date it was taken, as it shows the adjacent sports ground set up for a "family fun day"). It was taken in the morning, with bright sunshine from the south-east, so the contrast is too great and lots of things are in heavy shade. I could zoom a lot, and the picture didn't lose its clarity.
--
Jane
OO and DCC in the garden

Whats the train heading south thru cheltenham station- ?

whatever it is, its got a class 60 on the front, i found an identical train just about to enter york station from the north..
could it be a metals service? scruff
scruff wrote:

Yes, those are huge steel slabs.
PhilD
-- <><

Many thanks for the link - amazing stuff.......
Cheers Mal Oz
I was looking aroud the Southampton area and there are now Birds Eye Views from different angles and it goes in up to 20 metres.