Aerial Views

This site appears to cover more of the uk than google earth. I could not see the Great Central at Loughborough on google earth but can on here, plus lots more railway locations.

Nibbod

In message , Nibbod writes

Very nice. The aerial views are up-to-date, so I can see my model railway, which is more than can be said for the usual sites (streetmap.co.uk and multimap.co.uk), which have horribly out-of-date maps and aerial pictures.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I agree, very interesting... Can't see my car though, seems it's in shadow...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

The aerial views in my part of the world (Basingstoke) show the fields where I now live... shame the houses were built 10 years ago. Google Earth does a lot better in my case - it shows my car in the driveway, so those were taken within the past 2 years.

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Bit OT but on Google Earth go to

41° 9'34.17"N 100°50'39.74"W

North Platte rail yard - supposedly the world's largest

Reply to
Garry

Reply to
Kirk

In message , Garry writes

I looked at that - I couldn't see anything at all, and zooming in doesn't show any detail.

The aerial view of my locality shows a building site opposite my house, and it only shows half of my garden layout, which means the picture is at least two years old (I suppose I could work out the exact date it was taken, as it shows the adjacent sports ground set up for a "family fun day"). It was taken in the morning, with bright sunshine from the south-east, so the contrast is too great and lots of things are in heavy shade. I could zoom a lot, and the picture didn't lose its clarity.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

whatever it is, its got a class 60 on the front, i found an identical train just about to enter york station from the north..

could it be a metals service? scruff

Reply to
scruff

Yes, those are huge steel slabs.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

Many thanks for the link - amazing stuff.......

Cheers Mal Oz

Reply to
Draconus

I was looking aroud the Southampton area and there are now Birds Eye Views from different angles and it goes in up to 20 metres.

Reply to
nibbod