Another Relco Question

Ok; thanks to people on this group, I have now wired up a Relco unit. Question is: How do I know it's working? There are no lights on it, I cannot hear it buzzing and it's not warm either - despite being switched on for 5+ hours (as I write).

-- web:

dave.potter55(at)ntlworld.com

All outgoing mail certified virus-free - checked by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus.

Reply to
Dave Potter

Any time loco encounters a dirty bit of track you should get a nice flash/spark between the wheels and the track as the HT vapourises the crud.

JohnE

Reply to
John.E

In message , Dave Potter writes

Just stick your finger across the track/terminals, you should feel a noticeable tingle if it's on.

Reply to
Spyke

Or get your cat to try it out.

Reply to
MartinS

But only if there's plenty of headroom, other it'll brain the cat when it jumps six feet vertically. :-)

Reply to
Spyke