Relco track cleaners

Bought a couple of these second-hand the other day, can anyone please tell me where the brown and blue resistors?/capacitors?/things? go?

TIA Dave

-- web:

dave.potter55(at)ntlworld.com

All outgoing mail certified virus-free - checked by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus.

Reply to
Dave Potter

Bought a couple of these second-hand the other day but no instructions on how to wire them. Any help please?

TIA Dave.

-- web:

dave.potter55(at)ntlworld.com

All outgoing mail certified virus-free - checked by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus.

Reply to
Dave Potter

Are you the swine who outbid me on ebay, two Relcos and a Guagemaster controller - aution ended a couple of days or so ago?

:-)

Sorry don't know.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Wire them between a 13-16VAC transformer output and the track, parallel to (i.e. independent of) the DC connections. I don't know which way round; are the terminals not identified?

If power to the loco is interrupted by dirt on the wheels or track, the unit sends high-voltage, high frequency pulses to ionise the dirt.

Don't try to use them with DCC or with coach lighting.

Useful discussion of pros and cons at:

and
The latter includes connection info.

Google for more info.

Reply to
MartinS

No, Sorry. Was not me. These I got from my local model shop.

-- web:

dave.potter55(at)ntlworld.com

All outgoing mail certified virus-free - checked by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus.

Reply to
Dave Potter

Ah, that's helpful Martin - Thanks. I thought they went in the normal controller to track circuit. Yes, the terminals are marked, so no probs there. Any ideas on the brown and blue things though? (Electronics are not my strongest point!)

-- web:

dave.potter55(at)ntlworld.com

All outgoing mail certified virus-free - checked by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus.

Reply to
Dave Potter

has links to the instructions on the Relco package - about half way down. I guess what you are referring to is the capacitors, to connect across the DC supply.

Reply to
MartinS

Ah...that's the kiddie. Thanks again Martin.

-- web:

dave.potter55(at)ntlworld.com

All outgoing mail certified virus-free - checked by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus.

Reply to
Dave Potter

I've just come across the Relco that I discarded in 1979 when going over to Zero 1 control. This is an original 1977 version which has terminals for connecting between the track and the controller's normal output terminals (not AC accessory). So if it is a very early model the connections are different.

Alan

Reply to
Alan P Dawes