Any news on M7 release date?

I thought it was going to be sometime in August, but I've seen nothing suggesting they're in shops or even due yet...

TIA,

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

From what I have garnered talking to the owner of a local model emporium, they were originally scheduled for about the 21st of August.

However that date has now slipped and the word is that it should be sometime in mid September.

The green SR one apparently may be first out of the starting gate - of course I want three black ones!

I shall be avoiding the weathered one though which although it will be numbered 30108 (a former Horsham machine) I cannot abide Hornby's idea of "weathering" with their strange brown goo.

Instead I shall buy two late crest pristine ones and renumber one - as

30108!! The other two also spent time on the Mid Sussex lines - the Margate boys really know how to shoehorn my wallet open!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:

JMUpton2000

Two of the British Railways versions are in stock at Hattons.

?SID=17654

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I have 30031 and 30108 now, both v nice models. I had no trouble getting them out of the packing either, unlike some other reports I've read.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Ian J." wrote

Much easier than any of the recent models which Hornby have encased in their over-elaborate split polystyrene tray packaging.

Nice model as well - the cab detail look awesome, although I've no idea whether it's authentic.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"ab" wrote

I don't recall any traction tyres, and I can't comment on the number of pick-ups, but running qualities appear fine - at least on our yard long test track. Perhaps slightly noisier than I would have hoped, but that's really nit-picking.

I wish I'd the time to do so, but unfortunately the model doesn't really interest me because it's totally out of region for me and my customers, although we did sell one or two on Saturday.

John.

Reply to
John Turner