Atlanta GA

Dear all If any of you live near, or are visiting this neck of the woods this November, there is an event called the Piedmont Pilgrimage, which is
basically open house at weekends to go and see a varied amount of layouts. There will be two British outline layouts this year, mine and Chris Whites as you can see by following the enclosed link. We are also planning on having a meeting at my house on the 27th with the view of starting an Atlanta and area chapter of BRMNA. http://www.piedmont-div.org/pilgrimage /
Thanks in advance Rob

Just visited the site, what a great idea. here's no way on earth I could pop over for a look but I wish you all the very best.
--
All the best,

Chris Wilson

Thanks Chris Yeah, they do a good job.... I'm hoping that there some other Brits over here into railway stuff. I just found 2 new people last week who live close by, you never know who's out there!! Rob

Had a look at the tour site, noticed that you have declared as HO and HO/OO respectively.
<LANTERN SWING> A fond memory of mine: At a meeting of the Potomac Division of the NMRA I was asked what gauge I modelled. My answer: EM (just to be different and because I am a member of EMGS) Tilt lights come on all over the room. I then had to embark on a long winded explanation of what the difference was between HO and OO, and then EM, P4 & S4. This elicited the news that there is in fact an American version of OO. Nobody present had ever seen it, but I was assured that it was 4mm:1ft running on what equates to 19mm gauge track. </lantern swing>
This is presumably why you couldn't declare as OO because you are both running on 16.5mm track.
Enjoy the tour, I certainly enjoyed all the tours I did whilst living out there.
Elliott

Lionel, of O gauge fame, produced both 2 and 3 rail 4mm models from 1938 to 1942, and I'm fairly sure the track gauge was 19mm, rather than HO (16.5mm)
--
Graeme