SMRFest 2003 In Atlanta GA

Southeast Model Railroaders Forum 2003 anual meeting to be held in Atlanta, Georgia, October 3, 4 and 5. SMRFest 2003 will be at the:

Wingate Inn,

1355 Mall of Georgia Boulevard, Buford, GA 30519 Phone: (678) 714 0248

If you are interested in railroads that operated south of the Mason-Dixon line / Ohio River and east of the Mississippi River, then the SMRF is for you.

The Wingate is a very nice hotel with free high-speed internet access and breakfast. State that you want the SMRFest 2003 rate. There is an exercise room as well as a pool and plenty of space to get together and shoot the bull about trains; or anything else, for that matter.

We will begin Friday afternoon and conclude Sunday with a self-guided tour of Metropolitan Atlanta and the surrounding area. This is ideal for those of you who drive, since no matter which way you have to go to get home, there is something to see.

We have many superb model railways in the area and are currently making arrangements for tours. The are is served by two prototype railroads: Norfolk Southern and CSX. The NS main is three miles from the hotel, while the CSX main is five miles in the opposite direction. Prototype facilities in Atlanta include all types of rail transit except ship-to-rail. Several good hobby shops are in the area, including Trainmaster of Georgia, which is only three miles from the hotel.

The fare for SMRFest 2003 is US$20.00, payable by check or money order made payable to SMRFest 2003 The Address is: SMRFest 2003 P.O. Box 1133, Grayson, GA. 30017

For more information contact me via email. Be sure to put SMRFest 2003 in the header.

See y'all in October. Demetre Argiro

Reply to
Demetre Argiro