Atlanta Brits

Hi all I am looking for people into British Model Railways in the Atlanta area. We run the local chapter of BRMNA and need more members. We are currently
building an exhibition layout featuring HO live steam and would love some more people to hang with. Let me know if your interested Thanks Rob
Nobody models them in Atlanta. HO live steam does not work and can explode and kill you so use caution.
Rob Kemp wrote:

There was a demonstration layout operating in our area (Portland, Oregon) for a little while that used some locomotives made in Germany in the mid-1980s. Not sure if the manufacturer is still around or not. I remember the name starting with K and being about 20 syllables long.
The HO scale steam Pacific operated a lot like the real thing: no motor gears to interfere, so the train had "real" momentum to work with. There was no motor noise and so it was amazing how quiet the locomotive was.
EXCEPT....
There was an electric injection pump in the tender that was used to pump the water into the tender. When first starting out, this pump made quite a loud clacking sound, but then later would settle down to the point where it would only make the occasional clack as it was only making up water that had been lost during operation.
I was fairly impressed with the operation, but the locomotive was quite expensive, of course.
--
-Glennl
The despammed service works OK, but unfortunately
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
> There was a demonstration layout operating in our area (Portland, > Oregon) for a little while that used some locomotives made in Germany > in the mid-1980s. Not sure if the manufacturer is still around or > not. I remember the name starting with K and being about 20 > syllables long.
Yeah, that sounds familiar. I think it may be same outfit that built the Austrian engine I mentioned, and I was mistaken about their country of origin.
Cheers,
Mark.
On 19 Jan 2007 18:25:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Sounds like a tool of the - tada! - Devil!!!
--
Steve

Steve, funny you are "Mark" always post at the same time. We know why are you are the bipolar mind at work.
Steve the fake poster Caple wrote:

Sorry I asked! The one we use is Hornby, and it works very well using 18v from the track to heat the water and the valves etc are controled by pulses sent down the track similar to DCC If all you guys are like this, I take back my offer...........

Rob, don't let one ill mannered person drive you away. Stay a while and get to know how good this board is when there is a productive discussion.
--

Frank Rosenbaum
Please note my new email address: farosenbaum at comcast dot net.

Frank, don't make the same mistake that other idiot made. This isn't a "board"; it's a Usenet newsgroup. (You knew that.)

You are correct. I just equate this with the old bulletin boards that I accessed ages ago.
Boy, I miss those tag lines

    If you look at my signature line below you will see that I DO run one of those old boards still. As for Tag lines.. Hmm let me see if I can dredge one up for you.
... 1024x768x256... Sounds like one MEAN woman!
--

From the Desk of the Sysop of:
Planet Maca's Opus, a Free open BBS system. telnet://pinkrose.dhis.org
David who is using a fake name Nebenzahl wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com skriver:

No, it is usenet...
Klaus

But he feels qualified to lead us to salvation ... if he just knew where he was now.
Paul^H^H^H^H Steve the Other
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
Steve Stevenson wrote:

Steve Stevenson wrote:

There was the "magic" goose who lead a group of Crusaders to the Holy Land during the first Great Crusade! There again he might just have been trying to get away from the maniacal mob who kept walking just behind him(?)
Rob Kemp skriver:

Belive me, We're not.
It's jusy one sorry Curt who haven't got any sex for the last 5 yeas and now he has found someone to let his bitterness out over.
Klaus

Oh, every newsgroup has its idiots. Its one of the unfortunate items about a medium where there is little control....
Though, there is one person who has successfully gotten themselves banned from most news servers, but he was a particuarly extreme case.
--
-Glennl
The despammed service works OK, but unfortunately
Rob Kemp wrote:

No, we're not. Someone came in here after walking through the park, and unforatunately he had some "curt" stuck to the bottom of his shoes.
Rob Kemp wrote:
> If all you guys are like this, I take back my offer...
No, we're not. Someone came in here after walking through the park, and unfortunately he had some "curt" stuck to the bottom of his shoes.