Atlanta Brits

Hi all I am looking for people into British Model Railways in the Atlanta area. We run the local chapter of BRMNA and need more members. We are currently building an exhibition layout featuring HO live steam and would love some more people to hang with. Let me know if your interested Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

curtmchere

There was a demonstration layout operating in our area (Portland, Oregon) for a little while that used some locomotives made in Germany in the mid-1980s. Not sure if the manufacturer is still around or not. I remember the name starting with K and being about 20 syllables long.

The HO scale steam Pacific operated a lot like the real thing: no motor gears to interfere, so the train had "real" momentum to work with. There was no motor noise and so it was amazing how quiet the locomotive was.

EXCEPT....

There was an electric injection pump in the tender that was used to pump the water into the tender. When first starting out, this pump made quite a loud clacking sound, but then later would settle down to the point where it would only make the occasional clack as it was only making up water that had been lost during operation.

I was fairly impressed with the operation, but the locomotive was quite expensive, of course.

Reply to
gl4316

Sounds like a tool of the - tada! - Devil!!!

Reply to
Steve Caple

Reply to
curtmchere

Sorry I asked! The one we use is Hornby, and it works very well using 18v from the track to heat the water and the valves etc are controled by pulses sent down the track similar to DCC If all you guys are like this, I take back my offer...........

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Rob, don't let one ill mannered person drive you away. Stay a while and get to know how good this board is when there is a productive discussion.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Frank A. Rosenbaum spake thus:

Frank, don't make the same mistake that other idiot made. This isn't a "board"; it's a Usenet newsgroup. (You knew that.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

You are correct. I just equate this with the old bulletin boards that I accessed ages ago.

Boy, I miss those tag lines

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Rob Kemp skriver:

Belive me, We're not.

It's jusy one sorry Curt who haven't got any sex for the last 5 yeas and now he has found someone to let his bitterness out over.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Oh, every newsgroup has its idiots. Its one of the unfortunate items about a medium where there is little control....

Though, there is one person who has successfully gotten themselves banned from most news servers, but he was a particuarly extreme case.

Reply to
gl4316

No, we're not. Someone came in here after walking through the park, and unforatunately he had some "curt" stuck to the bottom of his shoes.

Reply to
Mark Newton

No, we're not. Someone came in here after walking through the park, and unfortunately he had some "curt" stuck to the bottom of his shoes.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I think it may be same outfit that built the Austrian engine I mentioned, and I was mistaken about their country of origin.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

If you look at my signature line below you will see that I DO run one of those old boards still. As for Tag lines.. Hmm let me see if I can dredge one up for you.

... 1024x768x256... Sounds like one MEAN woman!

Reply to
B'ichela

Like all Usenet groups in my experience (since 1998 or so) there's for sure a ratio of psycho:rational in rmr. I'm mostly a lurker here and it seems like most participants are very helpful.

Tejas Pedro

Reply to
Random Excess

Steve this is a train board. Why are you so anal retentive about usenet name?

Get over it a board is a board is a board.

David who is us> Frank A. Rosenbaum spake thus:

Reply to
curtmchere

Reply to
curtmchere

That it makes no sense *to you* is exactly my point.

Get back to the group when you actually have some useful information or a question pertinent to model railroading. Until then...

Tejas Pedro

Reply to
Random Excess

You're right. I mentioned several days ago that I'd killfiled "Curt" and all I was seeing was others responding to his posts. I wish all of us would killfile him and then I wouldn't have to even see the responses.

And he'd lose his reason for posting and go away.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard