Kato #4 switches

HELP, Does antone know if the wiring harness for Kato #4 switches can be purchased seperately?

Thanks

Reply to
James Hope

If you need to lengthen the wires, just splice additional wire between the plug and the switch. If the wires came out of the switch, I can't help you there.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

I don't think the wire for the #4 turnout is sold separately. None is listed in their catalog.

You could send an email to Kato and ask them. Their web site is

They do have a 35" turnout extension cord, p/n 24-841, list price $3.25.

I think the plug on the #4 turnout is the same as one the 20-041 power feed track, list price $4.25. That might be a less pricy alternative to buying a new switch. Of course, the cord color will be different.

Reply to
Ken Rice

[...]

Power Feed is two wires (hot and ground); turnout feed is three wires (left, right, ground.)

Reply to
Wolf

Take another look. The picture in the Kato catalog shows only two wires, the same as the #6 turnout. The turnout is controlled by the polarity of the two wires, and is not a three wire system.

Reply to
Ken Rice

Right - Kato switches have two wires - reverse the polarity and the turnout throws the other way - two wires. (not sure about double slips - 2 or 4 on the same system)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

The double slip turnouts are also two wire.

Reply to
Ken Rice

Thanks for everyone's input. I found two harnesses

Reply to
James Hope