Hobby Stores in Atlanta

Gonna be in Atlanta for a long weekend in mid-October. Any must-see hobby stores? Thanks in advance.
Dennis IPMS #5252

I thought the gold club was a good one but then ...........
--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

Top posting bad..... :)
Dennis, there is either AAA Hobbies in Marietta (NW Atlanta, just outside the Perimeter, aka I-235), or the War Room, which is up I-85 about 3 miles outside the Perimeter.
You get to the War Room by taking the Beaver Ruin Rd Exit, then turn N (left if you're coming from downtown Atlanta), turn left at the second intersection (you can't go forward IIRC), turn in to the grocery store (used to be Kroger), War Room should be next door. I don't know how to get the AAA anymore, they moved just before I left Atlanta 3 years ago. Good luck.
Reed
--
Dr. Reed L. Riddle, Assoc. Dir., Whole Earth Telescope Operations
Iowa State University Department of Physics & Astronomy

hobby

You know what, my directions might be for the Indian Trail exit...which one comes first if you're headed from downtown? It's the first one after Jimmy Carter Blvd...like I said, it's been a while. :)
Reed
--
Dr. Reed L. Riddle, Assoc. Dir., Whole Earth Telescope Operations
Iowa State University Department of Physics & Astronomy
For AAA take the Cobb Parkway away from Atlanta go to the "Big Chicken" You can't miss it. It is at a KFC Turn right and watch for the sign on the right about a mile or two if I remember correctly. Hub

How did the beavers ruin the road?
Kim M
Operation American Freedom-Where is our regime change?
Built a big dam across a stream that runs next to the road. Under the Corps of Engineers wetlands rules, it is illegal to dynamite a beaver dam once it creates a beaver pond. Had to re-route the entire road. It's near the expressway, so they'll have to re-route the x-way once the pond backs up to it.
...and if you believe all of this... ;-)
Art

I don't believe it but I sure as heck will remember it the next time some asks "Why..."
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:18:52 GMT, "Art Murray"