Hobby Stores in Atlanta

Gonna be in Atlanta for a long weekend in mid-October. Any must-see hobby
stores? Thanks in advance.
Dennis
IPMS #5252
Reply to
Marine24
I thought the gold club was a good one but then ...........
Reply to
<rgoldman
Top posting bad..... :)
Dennis, there is either AAA Hobbies in Marietta (NW Atlanta, just outside the Perimeter, aka I-235), or the War Room, which is up I-85 about 3 miles outside the Perimeter.
You get to the War Room by taking the Beaver Ruin Rd Exit, then turn N (left if you're coming from downtown Atlanta), turn left at the second intersection (you can't go forward IIRC), turn in to the grocery store (used to be Kroger), War Room should be next door. I don't know how to get the AAA anymore, they moved just before I left Atlanta 3 years ago. Good luck.
Reed
Reply to
Reed Riddle
For AAA take the Cobb Parkway away from Atlanta go to the "Big Chicken" You can't miss it. It is at a KFC Turn right and watch for the sign on the right about a mile or two if I remember correctly. Hub
Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott
Easier way to War Room if coming from downtown (or I-285):
Take I-85 North. Exit at Indian Trail exit. Turn left across the expressway. Go 1/4 mile to shopping center on your left at corner of Indian Trail and Beaver Ruin Road. Shop is in the corner of the "L".
Re: AAA Hobby. Try to make it around 11:30 - 2:00. Monstrous BS session takes place with some good modelers present.
Art
Reply to
Art Murray
You know what, my directions might be for the Indian Trail exit...which one comes first if you're headed from downtown? It's the first one after Jimmy Carter Blvd...like I said, it's been a while. :)
Reed
Reply to
Reed Riddle
How did the beavers ruin the road?
Kim M
Operation American Freedom-Where is our regime change?
Reply to
Royabulgaf
Built a big dam across a stream that runs next to the road. Under the Corps of Engineers wetlands rules, it is illegal to dynamite a beaver dam once it creates a beaver pond. Had to re-route the entire road. It's near the expressway, so they'll have to re-route the x-way once the pond backs up to it.
...and if you believe all of this... ;-)
Art
Reply to
Art Murray
I don't believe it but I sure as heck will remember it the next time some asks "Why..."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ken Leonard ken snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.earthlink.net [Edit it to make it work.]
Reply to
Ken Leonard