Shops in Atlanta/Chattanooga

I'm going to be in Atlanta for 1 day in a few weeks and a couple of days in Chattanooga...can anybody recomend any good hobby/model railroad shops that
would be worth visiting? Cheers Gene
Gene,
I'm not from the Atlanta area but I recently discovered this site which may be of help"
<http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest.php?brandID=MTRAIN&authCod=oran
Kalmbach also has a hobby shop locator at:
http://www.hobbyretailer.com /
The NMRA may have one as well.
"Paul - The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1960's In HO.)

Atlanta is a very big place, much larger than it appears on a map. There are three fairly good hobby shops for model railroaders, but they are spaced many miles apart.
The hobbystore locater website is worthless for the Atlanta area, so I have listed the three best shops IMO in the area:
Trainmaster of Georgia in Duluth, northeast of Atlanta 3570 Buford Hwy, Suite 204, Duluth, GA 30096 (770) 622-1811
Kennesaw Trains & Hobbies in Kennesaw, northwest of Atlanta 2844 South Main Street Northwest, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (770) 528-0990
Riverdale Station in Riverdale, South of Atlanta 6632 Hwy. 85 Riverdale, GA Ph: (770) 991-6085
Each of these stores is approximately an hour's drive, or more from the other.
There are also a few Hobbytown stores around, but I do not consider them in the class of hobby shop. If you do, they are easy to find on the internet listings Froggy,
Froggy@thepond..com wrote:

```````` Why do you say the locator is "worthless for the Atlanta area"? All three of the shops you mentioned are on it at:
<http://tinyurl.com/nbq93
If you feel there is insufficient info listed for them, the interactive site allows you to add any additional, appropriate info. After they check it out (and verify?) the map/shop info. will be updated.
So hardly worthless, IMO.
"Paul - The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1960's In HO.)

! 0 ! That's interesting, as my results were quite different. I could get it to point to the Riverdale store, but it denied knowledge of any others and wanted me to furnish their zip codes. That is rubbish. If I know the zip codes, then I already know all I need to know about the shop(s) I want to visit, and so do not need the "locator".
Repost the URL and I will go have another look and see if I overlooked something.
Froggy,
BEST store is Atlanta Trains in Sandy Plains. Just a customer Rob