Weathering DVDs

Hi again all
Have seen a couple of DVDs advertised that are dedicated to weathering and I was just wondering if anyone has them and if so, which ones are any good.
thanks
Steve
mindesign wrote:

After reading the Subject I had a picture in my mind of people weathering DVDs! =8^O
You and me both! : )
dlm

Dan Merkel spake thus:

Me three.
I was all ready with "First spray the surface of the disc with a clear dull coating, like Testor's Dullcote or equivalent. Now you can apply thin washes of paint, chalk or other coloring to weather the surface."
Hey, if you did it on the top, you could still play the disc, right?

--
To the arrogant putzes at NBC:

Do we call the country Italia? Is its capital Roma?
If you printed your own DVD label (either direct to disk or to a paper label) with an inkjet printer, hold the printed side under running tap water (warm, not hot) for a few minutes. Then gently wipe the printed surface with a soft absorbent cloth to simulate a faded label which look like it had been left outside for a while. To truly simulate a "left out" DVD, actually leave it out in the sun for a few hours. It will warp nicely, though that is not enough time to fade the label without the water trick above.
VBG
Ed
in article 440c9265$0$25086$ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com, David Nebenzahl at snipped-for-privacy@but.us.chickens wrote on 3/6/06 11:50 AM:

--