;-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Half way between the rail-head centres.

Reply to
Greg Procter

No.

Thanks for the explanation.

I know that most set track is not that precise, but another way would be to assemble a full circle af a given radius track, measure the diameter of that and divide by two. It would give a mean radius that can be used for planning.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Wolf knows me well enough to know that I know. ;-)

That would work, except that on both occassions (15"R and 22"R) I utilized a half circle. The 15" is the inner curve of a 5 parallel track turnaround in my staging yard and the 22"R is the end curve on a 1200mm wide baseboard. Both are now under other tracks and scenery. I originally used Liliput curves for the 15"radius but each section _wasn't_ 30 degrees even though that was Liliput's intention! The Atlas track is much better. The point of using set-track in those situations is that the curve is more accurate and stable than attempting to use flexible track. I've soldered all the joints with the exception of several isolating joins for train queueing. Those gaps would have ensured that flexible track would have sprung outwards.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

I have to admit I had assumed that lengths etc quoted by track manufacturers were accurate. Intersting to discover they aren,t.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Firstly apologies for continually replying to my own post. I sent DRail an e-mail describing the problem. Got a reply back this evening. That's good service so I think I'm about to splash the cash!

Reply to
Graham Harrison

Boston in February might be a bit chilly, even snowy. It's not tourist season, but if you're just going to buy some train track, that's fine. You'll probably have to add 5% Massachusetts state tax.

Reply to
MartinS