? N-scale track compatibility?

How compatible are different brands of N scale track? I have (imho) a lot of Atlas Flex-track, snap track, and turnouts, a bit of Life-Like flex, a bit of Peco straights and turnouts, and three Micro.Eng turnouts(!). I've read a little on making code 55 compatible with 80, but as far as any other aspects, I've found little help. TW

Reply to
TW-Ohio

You should be able to mix most brands that have code 80 rail. Peco make a code 55 that has a second base on the rail (buried in the sleepers) so that it will connect to code 80.

If you shim the lower of two "incompatible" rail height tracks under the sleepers and solder the rails together, almost everything is compatible.

Reply to
Gregory Procter