Bachmann Press Release

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:
He'd have to be a good bloke if he does _that_ well. I've heard that you normally call a spade a bl**dy shovel after a spot of binge drinking!
Reply to
David Jackson
As it happens, I had to interview some candidates today for the position of PR Manager at my client, and everything is now crystal clear to me.
The PR Manager manages the PR Assistant Manager who manages the PR Assistant, and as for what they actually do, well, the PR Manager communicates the deliverables, and the PR Assistant delivers the communications, so that's OK. Very important stuff.
As for the wining an dining at lunchtime, I'm told that is all now a bit passe, and these days it's all lines of coke and a bevy of loose women. Well John, I don't know how things are done up in Hull, but down this way I can get all of that any night of the week down at my local model railway club.
Cheers, Steve
Reply to
Steve W
position of
If you had to interview some candidates for a PR Managers position I would have frigging well expected that it would have been very clear well before you were asked to carry out the interviews - talk about the blind leading the blind........
Perhaps your post was missing a smiley or two?!
Reply to
:::Jerry::::
The message from "John Turner" contains these words:
Not very. Women at 4mm to the foot aren't much use really, loose or glued down...
Reply to
David Jackson
Maidstone, I think.... I believe there is even a Loose Women's Institute. I still remember my first visit to London. My grandmother gave me ten shillings, and told me to watch out for loose women. I went to Kings Cross... and found it full of Deltics. Brian
Reply to
BH Williams
I just remembered this old email I had filed away, which explains the various terms:
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, "I'm fantastic in bed." That's Direct Marketing.
You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her, and pointing at you says, "He's fantastic in bed." That's Advertising.
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed." That's Telemarketing.
You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, walk up to her and pour her a drink. You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed." That's Public Relations.
You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed." That's Brand Recognition.
Reply to
Arthur Figgis
Excellent, Arthur! Thank you!
I suppose that nowadays we should add going up to her en masse and saying "Hi, all 30 of us are useless in bed but we're going to have you anyway." That's Community Based Enterprise, Local Authority style.
I just noticed that in defining the roles within the PR department, I omitted the PR Assistant Manager. He/she, of course, is there to make the tea!
Cheers, Steve
Reply to
Steve W

Site Timeline