Re: Markings for upcoming B-29 release

> Anyone have any info on the markings that will be included in the > upcoming Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 repop? Specifically, will either > of the atomic bombers--EG or BC--be included? > > I'm thinking about dumping my stash kit and buying the repop for the > HS props. But (and it's a big but) I'll keep it if I can find decals > for the atomic ac.

AD:

There were after market sheets for some of the A-Bomb aircraft, and if the new Monogram kit doesn't have them, I'll bet a cookie someone will re-release the a-bomber markings. Especially now that Enola Gay is on public display. I guess it's a sign of the times, many years ago the then director of the NASM told me he thought it would be "A cold day in Hell before the Enola Gay went on public display, because no one wants a big diplomatic ruckus with our friends, the Japanese". By the way-are you saying that the new release is to have the correct props for the mass of B-29 production?? I've tried to buy sets of correct props, but they are resin and you usually get either broken or badly warped blades. Resin ain't good for prop blades.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

AD:

Thanks for the feedback. I guess we can always hope.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey