Beattie Well Tank / Bachmann (Soundtraxx) Decoder

I've just received my Dapol/Kernow Beattie Well Tank and a Bachmann (actually made by Soundtraxx) 6 pin decoder which fits it (just).

I am wondering if anyone else has used this combination and has tweaked the standard CV settings. I am 90% happy with mine but there is a very slight amount of stuttering at slow speeds which I feel it may be possible to improve. I don't want to waste a lot of time experimenting if someone has already found the answer.

Any recommendations gratefully received (except any suggestion that I buy a more expensive decoder.)

Regards to all.

Reply to
Riddles

Try faffing with the motor control parameters (K, I, etc) which are towards the top of the CV number range (I don't have a set of instructions immediately to hand). Those control how the back EMF senses the motor rotation.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe