DCC 8 pin plug to 21 pin decoder adapter

Folks,
I have been searching without success for an adaptor to fit a 21 pin decoder to a DMU which has an 8 pin socket. It seems that there are any number of
adapters to do it the other way, i.e 8 pin decoder to 21 pin socket, but not the one I need.
Such is my lack of success in finding what I need that I am beginning to wonder if they actually exist and, if not, whether this is because it is electronically impossible. I do not have enough DCC knowledge yet to answer that question.
If anyone could point me in the direction of a suitable item and vendor I would be very pleased. Thanks.
Archie

One has to ask why you are using a 21 pin decoder for this application? That usually implies lots of lighting functions and/or sound which you cannot connect through an 8 pin socket.
Most manufacturers have a range of decoders and I would choose an 8 pin one.
Well, actually I would probably strip out the original PCB and socket and hardwire the decoder, removing all the suppression components iin the process. This is an option in your case.
MBQ

One has to ask why you are using a 21 pin decoder for this application? That usually implies extra lighting functions and/or sound which you cannot connect through an 8 pin socket.
I would buy an 8 pin decoder. Actually, I would probably remove any existing PCB and socket and hardwire the decoder, removing any suppression components in the process. This is also an option in your case.
MBQ

One has to ask why you are using a 21 pin decoder for this application? That usually implies extra lighting functions and/or sound which you cannot connect through an 8 pin socket.
I would buy an 8 pin decoder. Actually, I would probably remove any existing PCB and socket and hardwire the decoder, removing any suppression components in the process. This is also an option in your case.
MBQ
Same here, but if trying to avoid wasting decoder and dont want to sell it then what about hard wiring between the two - are they both male or both female ?
CHeers, Simon