Beginner - Help Wanted

When I was 12 my dad bought me a hornby set which consisted of the intercity train. When I was 13 and after a small exspansion from this kit it went up in the loft, as space made a layout almost impossible to site. Now I'm 22 and I wish to start again. Now I have my own flat which has adquate space in my loft to site a layout. I wish to downsize from the HO to N gauge. I was hoping that maybe there was club/group that meets up in my local area that would be willing to advise a newbie. I live North London. Also does anyone have tips to offer? Secondly I am looking to sell my HO stuff and was wondering wether anyone knew what the going rate is for tracks and locos.

Gadget

Reply to
Gadget

Do you have a list of sale items? Rob

I am looking to sell my HO stuff and was

Reply to
Rob

A good place to start is here:

Tessy

Clubs - if you can travel to Kings Cross, there is the Model Railway Club. Its about five minutes walk towards The Angel. They have one of the largest small scale models in the country; but they won't let you run a BR intercity train on it:

Advice - work out what you're trying to achive, then do it. I'd suggest 3 months thinking and research into what's possible. Purchasing every model railway magazine you can find for the next three months and look what's there (three titles to get you started - Railway Modeller, British Railway Modelling, Model Railway Journal). Some won't interest you, fine, some will look gobsmackingly difficult (it might not be). I'd also suggest going to as many shows as you can for the next three months; including the Alexandra Palace show in March which is very big.
Use those three months to see what's around, what really interests you, and then go out shopping.

- Nigel

Reply to
NC

Hillingdon RAilwy Modellers club, W Drayton?

have an active N gauge section

Reply to
nrobinson

Spend some time browsing on Ebay.