Bipolar stepper motor controller on Ebay

And as I said there is no provision for the advertising of an off topic auction web site, this group is about model railways, not auctions.

They should be using one of the advert groups, that is why they are there. You would not start discussing model railway in an auction or advert group so why should people expect to post here about auctions ?

And non, or very few ever do that so they are abusing the charter before they even list their sale items.

Advertising the services of www.e*ay.co.uk/ is off topic. It is an auction site, nothing what so ever to do with model railways.

Which they are doing by proxy...

I have, it's just that you are to thick (or a spammer yourself) to understand.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Enough of this bickering, already. Can we get back to model railways, please.

Reply to
John Sullivan

I would not start discussing model railways in an advert group because the charters of said groups does not permit it. People can post adverts here because the charter does permit it. Very simple.

Agreed.

Well you must have a different definition of "advertising the services of a company" than me. To me, some wording like "use eBay to sell your products" is promoting the services of eBay. Selling an item via that service is simply selling an item in one of many potential ways. An advert to sell a second hand item in a local paper isn't trying to persuade other people to by the local paper. should not post adverts more frequently than

You are confusing individuals selling items with the medium they are using to sell the product.

Hm, the irony of calling someone thick with a spelling mistake in the sentence. ;-)

I have read the charter over and over again to try to find where you're coming from. But I still can't see where it says "adverts for sales via eBay are not permitted in this newsgroup"

This discussion is actually more off topic than the adverts as there is no mention in the charter about allowing discussions of what is on or off topic in the group. So this will be my last posting on the matter. I'm not going to bother wasting any more time trying to educate you. You have become the first person ever to have made it to my killfile and I have read a lot of rubbish posted by uninformed trolls in the past.

Reply to
Gandalph

Reply to
David Costigan

message

applications,

interesting

Err, to make it turn? Google will show you.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

grounds

allowed for

But it's not abuse. Why is a stepper motor off topic for a model railway group? Have a look and you'll find applications for one including turntables and traversers.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Go on Gandalph sock it to him.

ps I forgive you for picking up my duplicity.

Joe ;-)

Reply to
Joe