Books on LNER wagons?

Hi all,

What books are there on LNER wagons? I'm looking for something like the Essery LMS Wagons books, with enough details for modelling.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"Gregory Procter" wrote

Same series *LNER Wagons* by Peter Tatlow. Recently re-issued at some incredibly cheap price - think we have the reprint in stock.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

OK, how do I find you?

Greg.P. New Zealand.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Also - Cheona have recently released a picture album of LNER wagons - Midland Counties Publications can supply; (that's where mine came from).

John isherwood.

Reply to
John Isherwood

The various pre-grouping line associations have over the last few years published a number of books on rolling stock. North Eastern Record springs to mind - North Eastern Record Vol.2 (1997 ISBN

090283519x) Covers passenger and goods rolling stock liveries of the NER and H&BR in considerable detail.

All I have on the pre grouping companies, with links to the associated society web pages is at

HTH

Reply to
Mike

I saw a book called "LNER wagons" in a book remainders shop in Liverpool earlier today. Sorry , I cannot describe author or contents (it was before I saw your posting & subject was not of much personal interest ), but you may find the same book in only similar shops.

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

"Bevan Price" wrote

earlier today. Sorry , I cannot describe author

personal interest ), but you may find the same

It is being *remaindered* through the entire retail trade and not just the remainder shops.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

And very good it is, too.

Guy

-- May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Ahhh, a book review - just what I wanted! :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

Reply to
Gregory Procter

I bought it from John, worth every penny. Lots of nice pictures, and you can see from it anything from which current RTR stock can easily be adapted to near-enough; to customisation details for scratchbuilds and kits.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

That's exactly what I want! I'd better ask now before I send an order - are there equivalent GWR and Southern books? Pre-grouping? :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter