Books on LNER wagons?

Hi all,
What books are there on LNER wagons?
I'm looking for something like the Essery LMS Wagons books,
with enough details for modelling.
Regards,
Greg.P.
Reply to
Gregory Procter
"Gregory Procter" wrote
Same series *LNER Wagons* by Peter Tatlow. Recently re-issued at some incredibly cheap price - think we have the reprint in stock.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
OK, how do I find you?
Greg.P. New Zealand.
Reply to
Gregory Procter
Also - Cheona have recently released a picture album of LNER wagons - Midland Counties Publications can supply; (that's where mine came from).
John isherwood.
Reply to
John Isherwood
The various pre-grouping line associations have over the last few years published a number of books on rolling stock. North Eastern Record springs to mind - North Eastern Record Vol.2 (1997 ISBN 090283519x) Covers passenger and goods rolling stock liveries of the NER and H&BR in considerable detail.
All I have on the pre grouping companies, with links to the associated society web pages is at
HTH
Reply to
Mike
I saw a book called "LNER wagons" in a book remainders shop in Liverpool earlier today. Sorry , I cannot describe author or contents (it was before I saw your posting & subject was not of much personal interest ), but you may find the same book in only similar shops.
Bevan
Reply to
Bevan Price
"Bevan Price" wrote
earlier today. Sorry , I cannot describe author
personal interest ), but you may find the same
It is being *remaindered* through the entire retail trade and not just the remainder shops.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:38:04 +0100, "John Turner" wrote in message :
And very good it is, too.
Guy -- May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
Just zis Guy, you know?
Ahhh, a book review - just what I wanted! :-)
Regards, Greg.P.
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:
Reply to
Gregory Procter
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:50:10 +1200, Gregory Procter wrote in message :
I bought it from John, worth every penny. Lots of nice pictures, and you can see from it anything from which current RTR stock can easily be adapted to near-enough; to customisation details for scratchbuilds and kits.
Guy
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?
That's exactly what I want! I'd better ask now before I send an order - are there equivalent GWR and Southern books? Pre-grouping? :-)
Regards, Greg.P.
Reply to
Gregory Procter