LNER brake vans.

Hi all, big broad question: Model manufacturers seem to make two different brakevans, the GWR "Toad" and the LNER one with the chassis longer than the body. The LNER one seems to appear also as LMS and both as BR. Peco also puts their N gauge (LNER) body on a standard wagon underframe. Is there a potted history of these anywhere? Can I modify the LNER/BR model into different versions so I don't have lots of the same brakevan. I have found a 3 axle variant which I might do as I have a couple of broke ones in the bits box.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

The tot has pinched my LMS and BR RTR ones, will try and snaffle them back tomorrow to compare with drawings. Have kept the ex-midland kit ones though.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Of course, there are some photos of real ones on the excellent site here.....

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Remember I'm modelling HO! Lima's HO brakevans were much the same as their later OO ones - different size, different couplers (toss...) and the same size wheels (toss...) I keep finding the LNER/BR ones in varying states of repair, but only two TOADs. For scratch-building I stick to L&YR.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

There I cant help then. My preference is for 2nd hand kits of OO Midland 10 and 20 ton brake vans. Can pick them up for about a pound, bit tatty but easy to restore except for steps. Still havent found any scrap plastic or metal of near enough thickness and profile.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon