Coal wagon identiification pls.

Railway Modeller October page 560 at the top of the page there are some coal wagons.

I don't recognise them - anybody care to tell me what they are? - (not the model - the prototype.....)

trying to identify anything from a picture is tricky - where do you start unless you have a good memory? :-)

Then - assuming that i can't find any more gen based on the description - what period and area were they around?

finally - Ok these are "N" - who does them in OO -

- Ken Wilson Hampshire, UK

Reply to
Ken Wilson

Those are actually BR 25 ton iron ore hoppers, some of which were used for supplying coal concentration depots. Its an N Gauge Society kit (their first) and handy as it can be bashed easily into an LMS ore hopper and a BR 13 ton coal hoppers (later used for ballast I believe).

I cannot confirm if this wagon is available in OO, but I am pretty sure you can get the much more common 21 tonner, which runs on a 12 foot chassis (the ore hopper fits the Peco 10 foot chassis)

HTH

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Dont know if its still available but Jidenco did a similar NE wagon as an etched kit. Mike H

Reply to
jimedvic