Wagon books?

Hi All,

I've been enjoying myself building HO wagons from the illustrations and drawings in the book "The LMS Wagon" by Essery and Morgan. I'd like to build a few more from other railways and particularly from the L&Y. What similar books can you all suggest or recommend that I might find at reasonable prices?

L&Y coaches and loco books also would be of interest.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"Gregory Procter" wrote

There is a similar book on L&Y wagons, one of the few that I don't have in my collection so I cannot give you the exact title nor author.

Have a word with one of the large book sellers, Bill Hudson in Matlock would be a good starting point. I'm sure he'd be able to point you in the right direction, or maybe even supply.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The Lancashire and Yorkshire Society appears to be very active (will be joining myself when I have some spare dosh) you might want to give them a try.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Greg, There are a number of booksellers with on-line catalogues in the misc. section of the links page at you should find a number of wagon books there. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Keith Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

My L&Y dabbling is a little sideline to my proper South German layout. My Grandmother assisted on the L&Y ambulance train during WWI so I'm building an HO "Highflyer" Atlantic and coaches - the 2-4-2Ts have taken my fancy and ... This is starting to get out of hand! It all started with a Lima HO 4F that fell into my hands - that needed a major rebuild, then some wagons ...

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Thanks Keith. The links will be most useful. Really though, I need recommendations of books because I can't view them until I've paid for them to be posted to me here in New Zealand. I know one can't have too many books, but I've just built a complete wall of bookshelves in the new house and there's still cartons of books with no where to live. I had a clearout before I moved, got rid of two of my books and a carton of my wife's!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

When all else fails check out

. Where, with some searching, check the "The L&YR" section at the bottom of that page there's section titled "Bibliography", more L&Y related books than you can shake a soldering iron at!! You can even download an enrolment form - you know it makes sense!!

Enjoy. Barry L&YRS #887.

Reply to
Barry steventon