Black Beatle / Tenshodo Spud for Co-Co?

Am I right in thinking that there is no self-contained motor-bogie for

6-wheel bogies???

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

You're wrong :-) I don't know if there is presently one available, but NWSL used to do one (idler wheels on stub axles at the centre) and another firm also offered one in the US.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

NWSL? I've never heard of them. Any contact details?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

North West Short Line in the USA. I believe they have a web-site these days, but I've still got all I need stockpiled. They do the best gearboxes available.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Northwest Short Line, the Seattle based suppliers of gears, motors, wheels, tools, all sorts of goodies in fact.

Their product lists are available on the site as .pdf downloads.

As Greg stated, they did manufacture a six-wheeled power bogie/truck, but I think that it may be discontinued, in which case you might need to see if some of the larger US retailers - Walthers, Caboose Hobbies and the like - have some remaining.

I have no connection with NWSL other than having been a very satisfied customer over the years.

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Thanks for the advice. $65 + shipping is probably a bit excessive. I only want to power a Dapol DP1 kit, so perhaps I'll look for a cheap Lima bogie s/hand.... My son won't mind as long as it "goes".

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian"

North West Short Line.

Do a Google.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

"Adrian" wrote

Look for a Lima 37 - the bogies are as near as dammit correct, and there should be plenty kicking around on the secondhand market for around £20 max. You'll need to stretch the chassis to fit, but as it's only glueable plastic you shouldn't have too must trouble with that..

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Meant to say - look for a 37 in preference to a Lima 55. The latter's bogies are grossly underscale, whereas the 37s are to correct dimensions.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Correct for a class 55 but not for DP1. Keith You will have to see for yourself if its worth changing the sideframes for those from the Kit. Keith.

Make friends in the hobby. Keith Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Thanks. I think the Model Rail article uses the 37 chassis... I'll see if I can find one..

Reply to
The Bradshaws

"Gregory Procter" wrote

The bogies are significantly wrong, that's why I suggested the class 37 which in theory and in practice has the same bogies as the *Deltic*.

Your're right in saying that the Deltic was originally going to be HO scale, but the bogies were one of the things they didn't correct, and are effectively HO - they were also used on the class 50 which is also incorrectly scaled as a result. The 37 was produced to 4mm : 1 ft and the bogies are as near as dammit correct size.

John,

53A Models, Hull, UK.
Reply to
John Turner

HO scale is correct ;-) The designers got the body wrong.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

I'll just copy in my reply to someone else recently looking for Lima spares :-)

Reply to
Chris White

But significant differences including a different wheelbase for DP1. Keith