"Cattle shown to align north-south "

Think you should also consider the relative position and orientation of the farmer. Otherwise you might get more than an arrow up your bottom !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

ROLL UP, ROLL UP. Sale of the Century - one bridge available to any number of buyers .....

Reply to
simon

Not sure if that was a reply to my previous remark but I was thinking along the lines of either a 'Shot-gun wedding' or reams of forms arriving from the CSA! :~o

Reply to
Jerry

"kim" wrote

Strange - I once had my bed aligned in a north-south direction, or it could have been south-north depending upon how much alcohol I'd consumed.

I guess a significant proportion of the world's population could claim the same orientation, and rumour has it that Google Earth will insist on everyone removing their house roofs so that they can check out this new claim.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Of course cattle line up! If a cat (or whatever) wanders up to a fence the cattle (particularly steers) line up and crowd to look. If there's a gale the cattle move with it (to the fence or other obsticle) and stand with their rear ends to the wind. In neutral conditions they wander from place to place as a herd (with about 50% stragglers) and munch away facing any direction, but based on the way and direction that they have been wandering.

Greg.P. Northland, New Zealand, dairying country.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Greg, as usual your habit of narrow literalist reading has made you posit a disagreement or mistake or whatever where there is none. The context of my comment was "cattle tend to align their bodies in a north-south direction", and that's what I denied, having grown up in the country, and having observed lots of cows, which line up in all sorts of ways, sometimes even north-south.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir