Class 31 Bogie Frames in OO

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a Class 31 body, bereft of chassis and bogies (well, of everything actually) and as a summer project for my holidays from uni I plan to try and build a chassis.

I was wondering whether any of you knowledgable people here knew of a source of bogie sideframes suitable for a Class 31. I have tried the lists of Modelspares of Burnley and they don't seem to have anything suitable.

If anyone knows of a source (needs to be cheap unfortunately) of these frames (or complete Dapol/Airfix Cl.31 bogies would be suitable) I would be very grateful if you would post here!

Thanks in advance,

Chris Rogers.

Reply to
Chris Rogers

MB Models, I think somewhere in Wales, tend to have the whole range of Lima spares at reasonable prices. I got class 73 bogie frames for a similar project for around £3 I think (at the Alexandra Palace exhibition I think). If they have class 31 stock they would probably sell you the frames for either the dummy or driving bogie, or a complete driving bogie with motor for around £20.

Best regards, Justin Colson

Reply to
Justin Colson

Not exactly Wales, but he is or was at:-

MB Models

32 Conery Gardens Whatton in the Vale Notts NG13 9FD 01949 850063

I understand that he has received some spares since the Lima group was placed in administration/receivership.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman