bogie mounted crane kits in 4mm/OO

Does anyone know of any bogie mounted crane kits? I'm building a track construction set of wagons, and this is the only one I'm having trouble sourcing. I'm trying to stick in the 1950-1960's sort of era. The crane does not need to be motorised in any way.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Cornish

I believe the Dapol 15t travelling crane is a reasonable model of a fairly common sort, with the proviso that it should really have a rigid 8 wheel chassis (I recollect some correspondence on this a while back). The Western Region certainly had some similar machines. You'll need a match wagon- the Ratio bogie bolster with a tool chest and a frame for the jib to rest on looks good. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

As an alternative match wagon I'd suggest maybe a 4-wheel bolster wagon kit from the Parkside range, if space is short and train length is a consideration. The Dapol kit is as far as I know the only suitable product available, though I have seen a magazine article (Model Trains back in the early 80s, I think) suggesting a combination of "bashed" Airfix RAF recovery crane kits with a Mainline bogie Weltrol to make a track laying/lifting vehicle.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york