Dangly bits

What's the proper name for the decorative dangly bits round the bottom of a station canopy? And does anyone know if you can buy it ready-made in LNER style?

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Valance board.

Scale Link do these, but only GWR.

Try googling for manufacturers of LNER station kits and see if they sell individual parts.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

If you can't find it anywhere in an existing kit, for a fee, firms with laser cutters will do you one. Those with good contacts with some senior school or college craft departments might find access at a much lower price.

Requires a line drawing of the cutter path (eg. Corel Draw). Can cut most materials; paper, card, thin ply, some plastics, though notably not styrene.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

I'm sorry but I had to laugh, I have heard them called some things in my time by 'Dangly bits' is the best yet :-)

You could try York Model Making .... I don't know if they do 'one off's' but if not they may know someone who does.

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
chris.brett58

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:19:42 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@o2.co.uk said in :

Interesting, thanks.