Anyone au fait with BR SR headcodes?

Got an e-mail from a bod in Florida, modelling Sir Winston Churchil on Bournemouth Belle duties. He has a pic showing a two disc code, left hand end of buffer beam, right of smokebox door, and one of the disks is marked

35, which I assumed was the SR code for that service. Had a look myself and found one with the number 385, but I thought three digit codes were GWR???

Can anyone confirm the meaning of these numbers, I thought it was two digit rout indicator, now I am not so sure.

Baffled of Altrincham

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I /believe/ that a number on a headcode disc is the shed's duty number which included that service.

I welcome correction.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

Thanks - That does fit - Just found another pic of one with a different three digit number on it.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I asked what scale - quote: The scale of my loco 1:32 - an Aster live steam model. I went to college in Bournemouth many years ago hence my interest in the Belle. Unquote

Damn - Drool all over the keyboard again.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Went to college in Bournemouth and can remember a train - he needs sympathy :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon