Dapol Pendolino

Is the Dapol Pendolino better at staying on the rails than the Bachmann Super Voyager? Where's the cheapest place to buy one? (cheapest I've seen so far is £110)

Peter Cheap Train Tickets:

Peter

It's £170 if you want the truly authentic version with blocked smelly toilets, standing room only in second, empty carriages in 1st and over priced rubbish from the shop.

"Never again!"

Reply to
Chris Wilson

"Peter" wrote

Not fit for anything in my experience and street behind the Voyager.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Rich Mackin" wrote

In stock in my emporium.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Wobbles like crazy, slow scale speed, and poor detail - bit of a missed opportunity for Dapol to jump into the big league :o( Not worth £110, not even worth the £90 they used to cost. You'd be better off with a normal Bachmann Voyager (if you're lucky enough to find one, that is!)

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

And yes, I know the post timing is an hour off - blame ntl :(

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Oh, so it's an "emporium" now! "Shop" not good enough for you, eh? ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

If an 'emporium' is good enough from Granny Wainwright then it will do for me. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"David Jackson" wrote

She might be *your* Auntie! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Granny Weatherwax would never lower herself to becoming a 'customer' ! Mike H (Pratchett fan!)

Reply to
jimedvic

Yo

Some (including those so-called 'Super' Voyagers) at:

Which ones are hard to find? ;o)

HTH

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

The message from "jimedvic" contains these words:

Could be quite a story: Auntie Wainwright meets Granny Weatherwax.

And, meanwhile, back in the fiddle yard...

Reply to
David Jackson

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

Nah! She's not cynical enough.

Reply to
David Jackson

And she used to be dulcet-toned Hilda Ogden.

Reply to
MartinS

The message from MartinS contains these words:

So I'm told. Coronation Road, apparently. When I last saw that programme (fleetingly) it was about three pensioners sitting in a pub somewhere drinking milk stout... Wasn't there a viaduct at the end of the road?

Reply to
David Jackson

"David Jackson" wrote

Trust someone to try & bring this back on-topic! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There still is - it carries (CGI) Metrolink trams these days, although it was supposed to have been condemned in the 1960s after it collapsed under a goods train, trapping Ena Sharples in the rubble.

Reply to
MartinS

The message from MartinS contains these words:

I meant the fictional road. Thanks for the reminder of the name. I could remember Martha Longhurst and Minnie Caldwell, but Ena Sharples wouldn't come to mind. It's these damn bifocals, they're playin' havoc with me memory...

Reply to
David Jackson

Rarer than poached dodo eggs at my local shop, where I buy 99% of my stock from.

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

And yes, I know the post timing is an hour off - blame ntl :(

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Coronation Street is fictional. The outdoor set at Granada Studios, which used to be open to tourists, has a fake viaduct at one end. A year or two ago, with the help of computer wizardry, aerial views were created showing adjacent streets, and a tram is shown crossing the "viaduct" during the opening and closing scenes.

Reply to
MartinS

The message from MartinS contains these words:

Don't tell 'er next door - I don't think my first-aid is up to heart attacks!

I haven't seen the programme for over 40 years, but the three old women and the viaduct seem to have stuck in my mind.

Reply to
David Jackson