DCC

If you can see the gearbox easily it's exposed.

Depends on the prototype. Some high boiler models build the gearbox on the end axle, so it is mostly hidden in the firebox, motor is mounted on the boiler centre line. Some use a belt drive, same location. The gearbox is some times part of the cast mainframe.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

"Terry Flynn" <

That's it.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway (Site now back up and working)

Roger T.

Terry, may I suggest putting your website on a different host (your ISP perhaps?) as Angelfire is popup hell. I was trying to look at your pages but the popups were very persistent in trying to make me download something (no matter how many times I told it to sod off) so I gave up and left off looking.

Reply to
Ben C

Try Googles free ware pop up filter. The reason why Anglefire is used is simply because it does not cost me money.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Not a chance. Angelfire is free, which is why the tight-arsed bastard uses it.

Reply to
Mark Newton

As I'm from the US, I don't know what's available in Oz, but I recently switched to intergate as my (dialup) ISP. One of the reasons was the cost ($9.95US) and another was that they gave me 100MB of space for a website.

If they're strictly US, there still may be an equivalent down under.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

LOL! Tight git!

Most ISPs offer a certain amount of webspace free of charge, why not use that. I get 10Mb with Vermin broadband, not as good as the 50Mb I used to get with my BT dialup before it merged with Yahoo...

In any case, try another provider that doesn't inflict sh*t on your site's viewers and turn they away, some posters (presuming they haven't marked the thread 'ignore' by now) may have recommendations.

Reply to
Ben C