DCC reversing loop question

I have a track plan including a reversing loop with some sidings off it. I'm going DCC and by the looks of things everything within the loop inc. sidings will be connected to the output of a reversing module. Given that only one loco will enter or exit the loop at any time due to the pointwork then, subject to current limits, this will work won't it?

Reply to
mark

Yes.

No need for a reversing loop module if you wire the loop through a changeover switch that moves when the points move.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That figures, but if the points are controlled by DCC as ultimately they will be then I believe the reverser should just take care of the polarity automatically. I'm trying to avoid lots of extra switching save for the frog polarity.

Reply to
mark

Why not make the section of the loop with sidings a part of the main line and have the reversing section start after the turnouts?

Reply to
Greg Procter