DCC Sagas - the confession.

Last week I had modified an old Hornby R410 turntable for use on DCC. Happy with my plans I took my walkabout select unit and connected up to the table and a section of track to test; Result = excellent! Now I can get on and hack and slash to my hearts content.

Now, I put the Select back into service as a walkabout and all I could get was "comms failure" reports. Ah, just throw in a reset thought I. Well you can't do that if it is connected for walkabout -only if it is in normal control mode with power unit. However despite several successful resets it still would not talk to the Elite (I'm sure that this things are all female). ok - reset the Elite as well. Suddenly all is well and I can set the Select for use as walkabout. That was the point at which I realised that the address which I was using for the Select as walkabout was the same as that which I had been using for Double Heading! There is nothing like a 100% silly old fart!

Reply to
Sailor

"Sailor" wrote

Well said Peter! Join the club. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well done for letting us know - not just for the smile :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon