DJH Claughton

Made a start on it and seems ok so far. Correction on instructions. Theyre a bit brief but diagrams are good. Only quibble have at the moment is if put crank covers on as they show then if want to remove wheels will have to remove crankpins. However it is obvious how much of centre of crank covers to remove for us mortals who dont get wheels/motor right first time ;-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

What no more advice on DJH kits ?

Done a bit more, enough to say one piece cab is a bit of a pig. Wasnt at all sure about bends at frone edges as theres 3 grooves so know its a gentle curve not sharp angle but till put front spectacle plate on then shape of curve not known and no warning in instructions. Recon got it ok although its

1/2 mm too far forward on one side. White metal requires lot of flash and (?) filling channel filing, more than usually see on gem kits - perhaps this was a friday afternoon job ? Doesnt help that lot of extra metal is in ledges. Basic chassis went together easily, beautiful free running without rods getting whiff of file or opening up - now that I like.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

eems ok so far. Correction on instructions. Theyre

Well, I seem to recall Iain Rice having something to say about them in one of the White Swan books he wrote about kit building. Thisngs like having to fill holes and redrill to get the accuracy and fit needed for it to go together properly. I didn't say anything as (a) it's a while since I read the book and (b) I haven't personally built a DJH kit.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Wish there was an index in that series. he does say theyve had improved even whilst he was writing the book. Will continue to check photos - of which have lots but very few of angle wanted at the moment 9above from side/behind).

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
simon