FA: HST vehicles

Robert Wilson wrote:-

Can someone please tell me the difference between Swallow Livery and Executive Grey? Up until now I thought my IC225 was Executive Grey but after visiting the above eBay page I'm beginning to think it's IC Swallow.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

InterCity Grey

InterCity Swallow

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

Thanks. Mine is definitely Swallow. If I'd sold it as 'Executive Grey' I could have been in trouble.

(kim)

Reply to
kim
89001 with the blue/grey HST rake - now that is a classic picture there, John - many thanks! Brings back many happy memories of my BR days at Kings Cross, travelling on the 1736 to Peterborough on that set!

Waiting for Mr Taylor's kit in N to model that exact same set.

To summarise the difference in Intercity liveries:

Inter-City / InterCity (Mixed case) - also known as Executive livery - applied from 1984 - 1989

INTERCITY (Uppercase Italic) - also known as SWALLOW livery - applied to repaints from 1988 onwards.

Reply to
Adam