Hattons pricing

Yes, "...restoring cars as a hobby for 25 years".....

business in

What does that prove, all you 'customers' could well be bodgers themselves, clueless or both...

institutes

experience, not

No, my qualifications pre date the accountants view of training, and pre date your apparent knowledge too by the looks of things.

co-operation

So you tell others what needs to be done, they then go and do it, whilst you sit on your arse looking at your bits of paper and then take all the credit for others workmanship..

Funny that, that is what they used to do...

repairing

So you would re-shell every damaged car, perhaps you need to tell that to those 'bods' at Thatcham and Crowthorn....

In my personal opinion, I would

zones are,

Yes I do, you OTOH obviously don't and nor do the 'bods' at Thatcham and Crowthorn by the sounds of things !

Sorry but you really are totally clueless regarding body work repairs, if you do open a garage - stick of changing spark plugs and changing oil....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And were more than likely issued in the days of points ignition and side-valve engines, too, by the sounds of it! Agricultural is the word that springs to mind, actually!

For the love of God, read what I typed you stupid, arrogant ignoramus! I work as PART OF A TEAM! If I did as you suggest then I wouldn't have the respect and co-operation from my team members, would I, you prat?

Re-read the next para, prat!

Do you honestly believe that a car crash-tested AFTER straightening out is going to perform as well in a simulated crash as one that's "virgin"? Prat!

Definitely PLONKed now! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

In message , Badger writes

American engine drivers call themselves "Engineers" boy would that be a step up for you if you could do that.

Reply to
Clive Coleman

In message , Steve W writes

It's more than that, I worked in a warehouse many years ago now, and was repeatedly told I was wrong when I insisted that the O/D is greater than the I/D. The person "correcting me was an accountant" who had it in writing in front of him, I was just the monkey doing a stocktake. (Pipes. O/D being outside diameter and I/D being inside diameter. You work out who was right or wrong.

Reply to
Clive Coleman

ignoramus! I

You wouldn't need to, as you would be telling them what to do on pain of being out on their ear....

previously

occurred,

Thatcham

"virgin"? Prat!

....and do you really think that a car that has had it's structure split apart and re-welded is going to perform any better - you're the ingonanus wanker if you do.

You are totally clueless - straightening is far better than cutting open the structure and then re-welding, that is why cars were the bodyshell is badly damaged, but repairable by replacing great sections of metalwork are either written off (scrapped) or reshelled.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No, this is email. It works from my email program, and was created for the sole purpose of enabling me to send you some emails. I don't know what Usenet is - sounds serious - perhaps you have a virus on your computer? I could send one of Trust's IT bods around to try and get rid of it for you. Would that help?

As for being told to do things, I suppose that must have happened 50 years ago when I was in the Army - can't recall anyone since telling me to do things.

Of course I have to spend 1500 quid on my own office. You don't want me to work in squalor, do you? Or catch one of the many nasty infections that are rampant in this hospital? Right now I'm working on a malpractice claim where the Doctor whipped out the wrong , can you believe it! This Doctor has produced all these qualifications from Albania as evidence of his competence, and I told him, that's all very well, but they are just fancy bits of paper proving he remembered certain fact on a certain date. I asked him, "haven't you got anything meaningful, like a First Aid cert' ?"

And now he's claiming that the mistake was due to a typo in the patient notes! These Doctors, eh! Good job they've got some accountants to keep them in line, or they'd forget to renew their malpractice insurance.

As for Matron, yes, I've explained the plan to Michael Howerd. This is one area where the Doctors and the accountants are in total agreement. With MRSA deaths about to go ballistic, we have to employ someone new to take the blame for infected wards....

Cheers!

Reply to
Steve W

Could I ask Jerry and Badger to start a new thread in which to continue their verbal sparring. It was amusing to read their exchanges for a while but now it is becoming tedious.

Reply to
Bruce Fletcher

Google NNTP (news) and POP3 / SMTP (email)....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

My God, NNTP? And that makes you Google or something? Sounds more serious than MRSA! If you've been infected by anything like NNTP or SMTP, you really should get yourself checked out by a Doctor.

I have an Albanian Doctor here with time on his hands at the moment. I could send him round to you with a *BIG* syringe. That might help to stop the brain fever.

Cheers!

Reply to
Steve W

"Steve W" wrote

I thought MRSA only became endemic after the Tories had put ward cleaning out to the lowest bidders? Mind they would need someone else to blame wouldn't they? ;-)

John.

Reply to
Bluebottle

"Clive Coleman"

Not only Americans, but Canadian's as well.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

I suggest that you need the attention, it's you who doesn't know the 'fact of life' as relevant to the 'internet' (in it's widest meaning...).

No wonder the NHS is in such a state if it's being miss-managed by arrogant, ignorant little morons like you !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Jerry, Jerry, come on now, I'm doing my best for you! We had a meeting of the Medical Practice Sub-Committee this evening, and I did put you forward for appointment as a Special Consultant. I referred to you as the man who knew *everything* about running hospitals. The Doctors were quite impressed that you knew all about NNTP (National Nursing Task Protocols) and SMTP (Standard Medical Trauma Procedures). They asked about your qualifications and I told them "Jerry doesn't need any fancy papers which just show he remembered , he's got a First Aid cert' - that's good enough for me! Anyway, Jerry is calm, reflective, a team player, and what's most important, he is ALWAYS RIGHT. Besides, he knows everything about straightening a bent motor chassis - he can look at those two ambulances that got themselves a bit wonky when we used them as racing cocktail bars for the Junior Housemans' Xmas party".

All was going well until I mentioned knowing one end of a syringe from another. There were a lot of frowns and a great deal of muttering around the table. Finally, one consultant said to me, "Steve, are you sure this Jerry chap lives in Britain? I mean, come on now, Doctors with *syringes*? We have

*nurses* to deal with that kind of thing. If this Jerry thinks Doctors have got time to mess around with syringes, well, do we really need yet *another* arrogant, ignorant little moron to mismanage the hospital?"

I stood on my chair and drew myself up to my full 4 feet 8 inches, and asked him who he was calling "little"....

Anyway, you don't need to know the rest of the story of this meeting, but please be assured, when I get discharged from the surgical ward, I'll be right back in there pitching for you!

Cheers!

P.S. What is an "internet"? Where can I get one? Harrods? P.P.S. 1500 quid for a whole office? Blimey, I think just my chair cost rather more than that!

Reply to
Steve W

Jerry...Will you SHUT THE F@*(@ UP!!! Badger... Have you never herd the saying "Ignor IT and IT will go away!!!!

Reply to
Pissed

You're probably right, but Tories in government, eh! Seems like such a long time ago....

Thing is, after 8 years of dear old New Labour, and umpteen billions of lovely cash into the NHS, we're still putting ward cleaning out to the lowest bidder. Actually, it's not even the lowest bidder. You have to be on the Preferred List to even be allowed to bid. As a result of mergers and takeovers, there's now only one cleaning company on our list, and they just bid whatever they want. Mind you, we do put a team of 38 accountants on to checking their sums! We're not daft!

Don't ask me where the cash has gone - I've still got the same wallpaper in my office that I had eight months ago! I do know that we've got several million put aside for Reporting Protocols Development Research for the new post of Matron.

BTW, did you know that we already have *four* Matrons at this hospital? Each with a separate area of authority. Thing is, their pictures are up in the corridor all right, but no-one has ever actually seen them in the flesh. Rumour has it they are buried in basement offices writing endless reports to try and gain some Budget Approvals to actually do something!

Thing is, our liability insurance has actually expired and not been renewed. We can't get any insurance company to touch us with a bargepole, not with MRSA running rampant. We're assuming the government will act as an insurer of last resort, but they don't seem to be very enthusiastic about the idea. As they keep pointing out to us, we are an independent trust, and insurance is an administrative issue, not a governmental one.

Of course, the Tories have seen what they will be inheriting if they win the election, and they can see who will get the blame! Hence, as you say, the cunning plan to invent a new role for a Matron...

Cheers!

Reply to
Steve W

"Steve W" wrote

I bet they'll use that as an excuse for not winning! ;-)

John.

Reply to
Bluebottle

"Jerry" is a pathetic buffoon.

The little he contributes here is outweighed by his opinionated nonsense.

Not only is he generally wrong in his assertions; he cannot express them without trying to browbeat anyone who holds a contrary opinion.

Point it out to him and he responds with something along the lines of, "Ha! That's you, that is!"

It was quite funny coming from David Baddiel and Rob Newman, but that was a very long time ago.

I killfiled the twerp about a week ago and suggest you, and anyone else who tires of his tripe, do the same.

Without a responding audience he will either decamp to piss in someone else's pool (the usual choice of trolls who can get their jollies only by being noticed, their lives being so vacant without it) or he will simply continue to rant in a vacuum.

Either way, you win.

Reply to
Brian Watson

Yes you are.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Well I started this thread, I have made one comment on the behaviour of a 'superior' contibutor on this thread and have been put in a million killfiles (as if I care), so 85 posts later what can I deduce?

Well the people who seem to use killfiles need to visit a psychiatrist, as they obviously are so set in their ways they cannot cope with anyone who contrdicts them. And even if they 'allow' their high and mighty views to be challenged, it must be in a way that they approve or they cant cope with that either.

I have to ask myself, who are these sad people?

I reckon they are the PLONK-ERS who drive at 65 mph in the middle lane of motorways, thus forcing every other car and van into one outside lane.

And why?

Because they are so desperately trying to KILLFILE everyone that overtakes them, they dont know what they are doing. Fortunately, the police are about to give these nutters 3 points on their licence, so hopefully the problem will go away very soon.

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002