Have I imagined ?

Hi All,
Looking back in the mags I'm sure I read someone (Company) was looking
for ideas for road vehicles to model as an accessory for model railways, but
I can't seem to find the article or who the manufacturer was asking (Have I
dreamed this all up?)
What I wanted to suggest if I have not imagined this whole thing was
something like a Bedford TK with the hopper on the back for loading coal
sacks to the rear where the men picked them up straight onto their backs.
(No doubt H&S would frown on this today!) as it is something I remember well
from my childhood but only ever see in flat back lorry form now (Saw one
this am, hence why the suggestion.)
Anyway, enough of this, back to the Blue Pullman model.
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.
I do seem to recall Langely Models asking about new ideas for models, although not specifically road vehicles. I wouldn't swear to it though.
Reply to
airsmoothed
Is this anything to do with the NCB's "Coal Tanker" service using a vehicle with an enclosed hopper body - and already reproduced in a larger scale by Corgi?
David Belcher
Reply to
deb107_york
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept."
I think I remember reading the article too but I can't remember where or the name of the company.
(kim)
Reply to
kim

Site Timeline