Heljan

Got a circular letter from Heljan this morning which mentions ongoing classes 47 & 35 production, confirms development work on classes 52 & 57/3 but makes no mention whatsoever of the class 66.

Are we to assume this is now dead in the water?

Reply to
John Turner

"Stu" wrote

No, but they're not scheduled until next year, and I suspect are more than a rumour.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Last rumour I heard was that Heljan have decided not to bother with the

66 as Bachmann are doing an OO version, and Mehano are doing an HO version. Emphasis on this being a rumour though rather than from a credible source.
Reply to
Spyke

"Spyke" wrote

It's not that long since (either just before Christmas or early 2004) we were told by a source close to Heljan that the class 66s would be in the shops by this month!

Must have been an awful lot of effort wasted if they have ditched the project at this late stage.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

As Heljan announced that they *were* going to produce the class 66 then it should be expected of Heljan to retract their intention in that respect......

Has *anybody* tried to contact heljan in an attempt to ascertain their intentions re the 66 ....especially in light of the latest news.....

Until the horse speaks from the stable......?Guess-work?

Colin.

Reply to
Colin

I have to say that the loss of the Heljan 66 is a shame - no doubt we would have seen it *long* before Bachmann's planned model, if their usual track record is anything to go by, and they would have been a damn sight easier to get hold of!

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)