Heljan Clayton class 17

Hasanyone heard any news of the re-engineered chassis that was proposed by Heljan , way back when the farce of their release , and subsequent motor burnouts in February this year?

Reply to
traction

"traction" wrote

Heljan have promised new chassis before 1st November - contact your retailer for further details.

John,

53A Models, Hull.
Reply to
John Turner

So, what's the gen with this? Is it a "recall" where all chassis are being replaced or is it only ones that have shown a problem? I ask, because I haven't a layout built to run mine on as yet, and I don't want to find I have a problem in, say, a years time when any warranty has expired...... Badger.

Reply to
Badger

"Badger" wrote

No it's not a general recall. Heljan asked retailers some months ago how many faulty Claytons they'd received. We contacted all customers who'd bought the model from us and advised Heljan how many replacement chassis we needed.

I'd strongly suggest that you test your class 17 thoroughly and contact your retailer pronto if you have a problem.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
pete_the_trainman

Today I received a credit note from Heljan for all the class 17's I

So this mean we are to get our models fixed

or

get our money back.

or get both..!!

I don't understand how you had a credit note and then go on to say 'Does this mean delivery is imminent...!

what are you saying..?

Reply to
turbo

Reply to
pete_the_trainman

Does that mean you are a 'customer' or a ' trader'? I contacted the various suppliers I bought from yesterday , and each confirmed what 'John Turner' stated , ie " a replacement chassis will be with the dealers before 1st November 2009", not a mention of a 'you can have a refund' or anything. If dealers are being refunded , then that says there are insufficient replacement chassis to go around, or the dealer requested the refund, probably as the customer has gone away. I notice they now on sale at £40 less than the original price...

Reply to
turbo

Keep hold of your model. If it goes wrong then it's an extra level of realism (the real thing wasn't that good, I understand). "Spin" the problem on eBay, and use the money to get a new one...

:-)

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

It looks like the credit notes were to keep the paperwork straight. I have just had the new 'Kestrel' delivered, along with a confirmed delivery date of 26th October for the replacement chassis for Class

Reply to
pete_the_trainman

wrote

We've not had a credit note, just a promise of replacements chassis for all the faulty locos we received.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
pete_the_trainman

wrote

They must be dealing with your issues in a different way to us. Not had credit notes nor invoices.

Did get the rather nice 'Kestrel' models yesterday though! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner