Heljan Falcon

Got my new Falcon (early lime green). However, the standard coupling means that the coaches are too close to the engine and derail on curves. Any idea
as to an alternative longer coupling?
Thanks
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:41:34 -0000, "Peter Tomlin"

A surprising prototype - I couldn't believe it until I found it on the Heljan web site.
A one-off prototype built by Brush at Falcon Works.

Er, it's been a no-news item since December last year (or earlier)... It's a limited edition, which is why Heljan have been able to make it pay (still waiting for mine - it's in the post).
Ian J.

Hey, I model O-gauge steam era circa 1900 so it was news to me!
Now if they brought out a ready-to-run O-scale City of Truro which could be easily backdated by removing the top feed and shortening the smokebox....
That would be a good one to make because it was so long lived, to the point of running main line steam specials in the modern era.
As long as they get round the problems of the bogie inside the frame which means a proper one instead of one that just goes along for the ride. Most model 4-4-0s are like 0-4-0s with a long overhand and a bogie with too much side play that doesn't do anything. They could even make the driving axles like a bogie with limited swivel. You can hide a lot behind outside frames.
I bet they'd sell more than do Falcons.

Didn't mean to upset, sorry. I'm sure it's been mentioned here a few times, and it's been in the model press, so would have thought you'd probably have caught wind of it.
Ian J.

No problem. I'm an ex-pat who gets the Gauge O Guild Gazette and the Model Railway Journal from England so I miss a lot of the RTR OO news.

"Christopher A.Lee" wrote

Not quite as surprising as you might think as it uses many of the chassis parts from the existing Heljan class 47.
John.
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:33:53 -0000, "John Turner"

OK.

Mine came today and was immediately impounded by she who must be obeyed, without me even getting to look at the box.
Prepare for ridiculous prices on Ebay. I see one is already 135 'buy it now price'.
However, well done to the Heljan Santa.

It's at times like this that I'm glad I'm single :-)
Ian J.
"Peter Tomlin" wrote

Hornby's version of the mini-tension-lock coupling is very slightly longer than that used by Bachmann and Heljan, and may possibly solve your problem. They do one with an NEM socket which should be a direct replacement.
John.