Heljan class 17

Hi all, anyone know when the Heljan class 17 is due on sale? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

It's not until spring next year, to the best of my knowledge.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Badger" wrote

The following is taken from an A4 sheet available from the Heljan stand at Warley / NEC

The initial three models are due for April 2008 release.

1700 - D8568 in BR green with small yellow panels as preserved. 1701 - 8561 in BR green with full yellow ends 1702 - D8529 in BR blue with full yellow ends

Projected for November 2008 release are a further three models

1703 - BR green with small yellow panel 1704 - BR green with large yellow panel 1705 - BR blue with large yellow panel 1706 - Ribble Cement (ex-D8568) - limited release with certificate of 500 models

Regards,

DW

Reply to
David Westerman

Changing the subject somewhat, I have just had an email telling me that my Heljan Falcon is being dispatched. Hopefully Sanata will smile on me, and I will receive it before the 25th.

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

I'm waiting for mine too. It's a bit of an odd purchase for me, as it falls outside just about every railway interest I have, but I called on my modeller's "licence to run" (number 007.6 ;-), (a.k.a. "Imrairwil" - "it's my railway, and I'll run what I like") as I couldn't resist... ;-)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

While my era is really late 50s, but I am making an exception after seeing a colour photo of lime green/brown Falcon on the Master Cutler in 1962. The train was only 6 coaches long and had 4 Metro Cammell Pullmans between 2 older Pullman brake vehicles, one at each end.

For once, I will be able to have an almost realistic main line working.

All I need are headcode numbers, as it looks as though the headcodes are blank, and a Master Cutler headboard for the loco front.

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

wrote

A selection of paper 4-character headcodes are included with 'Falcon' but I regret I cannot tell you the appropriate code for the 'Master Cutler'.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

1B20 up, 1G61 down, according to
David Biddulph

Wow. Thanks very much to you both. I am getting quite excited now.

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

I know what you mean. That happens to me whenever a driver opens up the throttle on Class 66 :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim